A simple way to accurately collect suspended sediment and nutrient data.
We didn’t invent the concept of Turbidity Threshold Sampling (that distinction goes to Rand Eads and Jack Lewis of the USDA Forest Service). But we did invent the concept of a turnkey system that uses this effective method of intelligent, automated sampling that requires no programming to install and maintain.
SedEvent is a parameter event-driven, automatic sampling system that provides a simple and practical method to accurately monitor suspended sediment and nutrient data.
While suspended sediment concentration (SSC) cannot be directly measured accurately or reliably, turbidity has been shown to be an excellent surrogate for SSC. Suspended particulate matter such as clay, silt, algae, organic, causes turbidity; inorganic chemicals and acids like fertilizers, as well as microscopic organisms like harmful bacteria. These contents give water its cloudy or turbid appearance, and turbidity in natural waters is recognized as an important indicator of natural health.
Measuring suspended sediment concentrations used to be labor-intensive, costly, inaccurate and impractical. SedEvent not only makes it possible and practical, it makes it simple.
The 7 point rising and falling sampling algorithm provides better sample clustering to turbidity values of interest.
The green water quality enclosure contains a tray for the ISCO which simplifies changing auto-sampler bottes in the field and it provides a roomy, weather proof system for monitoring equipment.
- A complete, turnkey system. Install it and start collecting data immediately.
- Reduced lab analysis costs. An autosampler without a threshold sampling algorithm takes many non-event samples that yield no sediment. SedEvent takes only the samples that count. Create more accurate discharge and rating curves with fewer samples.
- turnkeyNo programming required. Any technician, regardless of skill or training, can be successful with operating and maintaining the system.
- No complex wiring. Color-coded, keyed connectors. All components are interchangeable and field swappable—just disconnect, plug the new one in. Easier maintenance, greater reliability.
- Built-in, customizable, event-driven, turbidity threshold sampling algorithm is ready to go as soon as the datalogger is powered on. No need to program or hire expensive consultants.
- Extreme ruggedness. Watertight, corrosion-resistant, positive-locking connections. No exposed electronics. Three levels of lightning protection. Even a waterproof touchscreen. Reliable data in any climate or weather condition.
- Accuracy that just can’t be achieved with manual sampling or even continuous turbidity monitoring.
- One-stop support. A fully integrated system from a single supplier offers a single source for obtaining support and service.
A fixed site can be configured with any other digital and analog sensors required.
- Axiom H2 Datalogger / DCP
- Submersible Pressure Transducer (SDI-PT)
- DTS-12 Digital Turbidity Sensor
- Heavy duty battery (S-HPII)
- Solar panel (SPS-20W-F6H2 / SPS-50W-F6-H2)
- Water Quality Enclosure
- Eon2 GOES
- ISCO 6712 autosampler
- Autosampler interface controller
- DTS-12 deployment guide
- StreamTrac software