FTS is the world leader in environmental monitoring solutions for fire weather. FTS stations are in use by every one of the top 50 government forest management agencies in every corner of the United States and Canada. FTS portable and fixed-site weather stations set the standard for reliability and simplicity of operation, maintenance, and installation.
As a manufacturer, we design and engineer the leading datalogger that is approved and fully supported by the NIFC Remote Sensing Fire Weather Support Unit (RSFWSU). Our GOES Transmitter is recognized as the most reliable GOES technology available, and is licensed for use by other environmental monitoring equipment manufacturers.
- In the US, fire weather stations are known as RAWS (Remote Automated Weather Stations).
- Data from RAWS stations is used to calculate the National Fire Danger Rating System (NFDRS) fire danger indices, used by fire managers throughout the US.
- The FTS RAWS station is used in all 50 states and is fully supported by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) depot in Boise, ID.
- NIFC publishes stringent RAWS standards, and fully endorses the FTS RAWS station.
- FTS gear is optimized with built-in features to support NFDRS maintenance standards.