The rugged, all-metal RG-T Rain Gauge is FTS’ take on a simple, proven, mature technology. It has earned tremendous loyalty over several years for its extreme accuracy, excellent calibration retention and easy deployment.
- Screens in the funnel and over the base plate water outlets seal the tipping mechanism from insects and wind-borne material.
- Built-in bubble levels and full 2-axis leveling mechanism make it quick and easy to mount the tipping bucket perfectly level on any surface (even a vertical pole).
- Unmatched durability. It doesn’t rust!
- Metal construction provides rugged durability.
- Cable sheathed in braided stainless steel, to protect it from animal damage.
- Cable terminates in a waterproof, military-style bayonet connector for use with Axiom Dataloggers (optionally available without military connector for use with other dataloggers).
Long-term accuracy and calibration retention
- The tipping mechanism is injection moulded engineered resin, resulting in extreme accuracy on every unit.
- Inner surface of tipper is super-smooth with no corners so it sheds water better than metal tippers and doesn’t allow dust or small debris to collect.
- Jeweled (ruby) bearingsmean minimal friction resulting in high sensitivity to accurately capture even very small rain events.
- The jeweled bearings also prevent the mechanism from wearing out over time, resulting in long-term calibration retention.
- The base and support posts are precision cast as a single structure, providing maximum vibration resistance. False measurements from wind are eliminated, ensuring long-term repeatable accuracy.
- Stainless steel quick-release clamps eliminate retaining screws that can rust and adversely affect accuracy.