OEM GOES/Meteosat Transmitter (G6-OEM)
FTS is a worldwide leader in GOES/Meteosat communications. Our GOES technology is the standard for all new weather stations for the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) in the US, and for all new hydrologic stations for the Water Survey of Canada.
Our sixth-generation GOES and G6-M Meteosat transmitter is extensively field proven. In fact, FTS GOES technology forms the backbone of the US National Climate Reference Station System.
This special OEM version of the GOES transmitter (G6) can be integrated into your own datalogger or environmental monitoring system.
- Operates on both North and South American GOES networks.
- Operates on European/African Meteosat network. Certified for use with EUMETSAT.
- Extremely accurate timekeeping reliably transmits hourly data for up to 28 days without a GPS fix.
- Extremely low power requirements extend operation in situations of low power or interrupted solar panel charging.
- Automatically calculates antenna azimuth and inclination, speeding installation and eliminating errors.
- Supports test transmissions on an alternate test channel with fixed text messages to ensure future data transmission reliability.
- Easy set-up and installation:
- Automatic reset and start-up (all configuration data stored in non-volatile memory).
- Provides diagnostic reports on forward and reflected power for on-site troubleshooting.