Are your groundwater or water quality sites equipped with telemetry? There’s now no reason not to have telemetry on every station.
What is GOES?
GOES.hopper is a fully turnkey GOES satellite-based communication solution for new or existing monitoring stations with SDI-12 sensors. It has the ability to provide groundwater data to your desktop at a very low cost.
- Geostationary Orbital Environmental Satellite
- Owned by NOAA, in existence since 1975
- Free to use by any government agency
- Very reliable (typically 97%+)
- Low power consumption
- Standard telemetry used by US Forest Service, USGS and the Water Survey of Canada