Features and Benefits
- 10m Mast – The 10m mast now means that you can measure wind at 10m, which is the world standard set by WMO.
- Zero civil works cost required – no cement or special engineering required. The tower provides exceptional strength and stability as a free-standing structure assembled with only a few hand tools. No need to pour a cement pad in your remote location!
- Technician safety – doesn’t require climbing to service wind sensors. The folding mast can be lowered and raised by only one person, making it easy to access the wind sensor.
- Easy to transport – the entire structure can be shipped on a single 7′ x 4′ pallet. With or without the pallet, it can also fit in a pickup truck.
- Scalability – once you put in the Trileg with the data logger and telemetry you have the physical and telemetry network for a four season station. Parks Canada is adding avalanche monitoring sensors to their FW stations for full season use. It’s about asset utilization, ROI, even multiple agency using the same backbone.
- Quick and easy to set up – assembled and anchored in one hour by two people, with a minimum of tools. Adjustable legs permit installation on uneven terrain. Full setup instructions fit on only two laminated “Quick Start” sheets.
- Smart design ensures data integrity – By aligning one side of the triangular tower to true east/west, all of the station components requiring alignment will automatically be aligned when installed. This ensures sensors are optimally positioned, even by novice technicians.
The FTS Tri-leg tower is the standard for fixed (permanent) RAWS in the U.S. It’s an extremely strong, durable and sturdy platform for remote monitoring equipment that will last for decades.
Built from heavy gauge aluminum pipe welded at critical joints, the Tri-leg tower is extremely robust.
Folding mast provides fast, easy access to wind sensors. Masts are available in 20ft, 25ft and 10m heights. Existing 20ft and 25ft masts can also be upgraded.
Service and Support by Real People
FTS customers know that our equipment is exceptionally reliable and built like a tank. But the most significant reason that more weather monitoring professionals rely on FTS than any other vendor is the service and support. We really take care of our customers, and they know it. So much goes into making things extremely simple—from extensive documentation written by people who work with the same equipment in the field as our customers do, to our lifetime, toll-free technical support.